. . . . . .
Rotarians were very pleased to welcome over 500 riders in 2019 to the 33rd Annual sponsored ride through North Kent starting and finishing at the Riverside Leisure Area beside the River Thames at Gravesend, DA12 2BT with those 15, 30 and 45 mile routes to choose from.
For 2020 we will be supporting Alzheimer's and Dementia Support Services with its Safeharbour memory wellbeing centre and memory cafes around the area.
Your efforts also let us
help further Rotary
'On Your Bike' is intended as a 'Fun Ride', putting the fun into fundraising. The Rotary Club of Gravesend is again pleased to acknowledge help from Gravesend Cyclists Touring Club.
Sponsorship of you is key to our success. Ensure sponsor's names are there to contact after the day. You can show your control card or certificate to prove you did it!
There is also the ability to have the donation gift aided. See how to do this on the sponsorship form we enclose with your entry pack and which will need to be returned to the organisers. We must have your sponsors' full addresses to be able to claim Gift Aid.
A paying-in slip is enclosed which allows you to pay in sponsorship monies at any bank. Make sure you record your name, team or organisation and ridernumber on the slip. We now have the link to pay a donation via PayPal.
Or you can go to virginmoneygiving.com on your PC and create your own sponsorship page. Your sponsors can support you directly through the web.They can follow your build up to the day through your messages and also check on our Facebook and Twitter news. All you keen route cyclists -- get Virgin Money Giving too!
On the day!
There is a rolling start and you will be able to leave from 8.45am.
Please arrive at the Promenade, beside the
River Thames, to allow for queues at registration.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR ENTRY PASS, CHECK POINT CONTROL
CARD AND RIDER NUMBER.
Riders pre-registered can hand their entry pass to marshalls before they start.
The control card will be marked at each check point en route and at the finish so that this can be shown to your sponsors.
Entries must be in by 10 April but you can join on the day with a recommended donation of £25 for riders 16 years plus (with reductions for families). Get registered early and get all that sponsorship too.
Please note that check points will stand down as
the day progresses and the riverside finish area will close at 4.30pm
Special thanks to RAYNET for providing the radio links between our check points and to St John Ambulance for being there for us around the course. Our thanks also to many people and organisations that have helped in any way for On Your Bike -- as well as to the hundreds of you that will be joining us for 2020.
Gravesend Rotary Club Service Fund: Registered Charity No. 271130
Double click to insert body text here ...
Said to be the best organised cycle ride in the South East ..... and beyond!...
(Gravesend CTC, part of Cycling UK, the national cycling charity)
1. Please remember that this is a Fun Ride, not a race. You will not be allowed to take part unless you wear a cycle helmet at all times during the event.
2. Give your number at each Check Point to show you have completed that section of the course but times will not be taken.
3. Safety: Please obey all traffic signals and the rule of the road. Courtesy to all other road users will ensure that future events are not jeopardised.
4.Make sure that your bike is in a roadworthy condition, so as not to let you down. Ensure that your tyres are fully inflated and carry a repair kit including a spare inner tube.
5. If you are not a regular rider, some practice/training before will be worthwhile, thus making your day a much more enjoyable experience.
6. Dress suitably — several thin layers are better than one thick layer, you can then adjust your comfort level. Wear stiff soled shoes. Be seen — wear bright clothing and you must wear a cycle helmet. Carry a waterproof in case of inclement weather.
7. Make sure you eat well — food is your fuel. There will be light refreshments at some check points, but it would be advisable to carry a drink and a snack.
8. If you encounter any problem, please stay on the course and a marshal will find you. It is best to retire at a check point. You must contact ride control on 07711 830377 to report your retirement or need for recovery — or ask another rider to inform the next check point.
For information on Gravesend CTC please see www.gravesendctc.org.uk
Tips from the CTC